1.20.2010

Moleskine Musings

Welcome everyone! I've began the journey of document my thesis ideas many times before. I even keep my favorite Moleskine with me at all times so I can record them as they occur. But now the time is really here and I need to have THE idea!

Over the past six months, I've thought a lot about t
he process of the Thesis. I thought it best to start at the beginning with keywords and evolve from there. Some I have noted include: collaboration, emerging technology, new media, social media, subcultures, and the concept that content is king (not in a James-Cameron-king-of-the-world way).

Some ideas written do
wn include:

1. Embracing User-generated content as a catalyst to social change.
2. New media and interactivity - a one-to-many or many-to-many approach?
3. What your Facebook status says about you: Can they be categorized?
4. Texting and microblogging: the age of BBM, SMS, Bit.ly, and everything else acronym.

My place of work is also implementing a Learning Management System in the upcoming months - it will be installed, tested, and rolled out by September. If there was ever a good project to do with perfect timing, it'd be that one. But what research question would I pose? Is it possible to even research and implement simultaneously? Because of the prospect of parallel work, I'm more apt to go the traditional Thesis route.

So, what's my favorite idea? Number 4. Now if I could only give it a little framing.

1 comment:

  1. It was really a good idea that you document your thesis, Candace. That way, you can keep track of the progress, and at the same time you can easily spot errors and mistake on your graduate thesis. Anyway, what happened to your thesis? Did you already presented and defended it? 

    ReplyDelete