3.16.2010

Incredibly slow

I feel like this process is slowing and I need to find momentum. I've spent the last two weeks reading Geeks Bearing Gifts and Literary Machines - both by Ted Nelson. Now that I have two books under my belt, I feel I have a good bearing to move forward in a positive way. I have a grasp on what my thesis project really is, and small ideas on how to tie together concepts.

Although these two books are my only repertoire thus far, I will have no problem finding other references (scholarly and professional) to use. Believe it or not, I'm not that scared of writing the Literature Review portion either. I have written two in the past and feel confident in that process now. I know that in order to do a good Lit Review, I have to be comfortable with the material at hand. That is what my goal has been during these first weeks of the semester.

Beyond the momentum that I need to find, I do have one additional thought. I've been thinking about the Vignette portion of my thesis proposal and I'm a little confused about what information needs to go in that section. I'd like to fully understand this part in the next few days.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to see you're making progress.

    Here are some thoughts on the vignette: (which, by the way, is a suggestion, not a requirement).

    Why don't you tell a story about a person using the system you are proposing to build? What would they look for? What would they do? For an example of a vignette, you could look at my Phd Thesis:

    http://www.sunyit.edu/~steve/main.pdf, pp. 10-11.

    ReplyDelete